Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day

I didn't plan ahead for any President's Day extra-schooling, but the library had a collection of books about presidents and I was reminded of this educational opportunity. I decided to go with historical fiction rather than pure non-fiction. I've never tried the Childhood of Famous Americans series by Aladdin Paperbacks. We picked up Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Champion of Freedom (Childhood of Famous Americans) I Got one chapter in last night (I called the kids down too early and they put up a fuss about leaving their games for family reading - best to wait for the bed time reading.).

This reminds me of an excellent audio-book about Abraham Lincoln that we all listened on a long road trip   Lincoln: A Photobiography (Houghton Mifflin social studies).

No comments: